Not sure at all. I don't know how to check precisely if a live design doc
is pointing to a particular file. I was basing my statement off the fact
that I have my views declared and they were available pre-indexed before
compaction (but they were not physically opened as file handles by couch,
but they were opened on demand). Once I finish my current script, I will
test everything again and will spend some time tracing the code.