> Hi Radhika,
>
> What does the server status say in futon? (i.e. does it note that the
> views are building or not?)
>
> One side comment, the reduce functions that you posted will likely not do
> what you expect when a rereduce is run. I would suggest using _stats
> (preferable solution,
> http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/couchapp/ddocs.html#builtin-reduce-functions
> ).
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

As Mike pointed out, you will see noticeably better performance using the
builtin function.

Do you see any errors, in particular Reduce output must shrink more rapidly or
reduce_overflow_error ?

https://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/couchapp/views/nosql.html#aggregate-functions

It’s possible you have a different config on each box, for the reduce
heuristic;

GET /_config/query_server_config/reduce_limit is what you would be looking to
compare between the boxes.

Thanks Bob & Alex for reminding me of the error messages!

A+
Dave