On Jul 22, 2014, at 2:51 AM, Landry Soules <landry.soules...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is : is it more efficient to create a single view containing
> several emit, for example:
> emit([doc.age, doc.gender, doc.lastSeen], doc);
> emit([doc.gender, doc.age, doc.lastSeen], doc);
> or to create several views, each of them containing one emit statement ?

Creating several views is probably better, since each one will be slightly
faster to search. Also, with one view you can easily get mixed up between
different types of keys — for example, if you emit both doc.gender and doc.name
as keys, and both are strings, then the “F” gender rows are going to appear in
between the names that start with “E” and “F”, which sounds like a mess.

—Jens