Right ...are you saying... That you need grouping down to the day?... In
which case you can just emit[ date, group]... The fate being the
milliseconds truncated to the day and just have a reduce that's _count....
By the way the date can also be broken down to [year, month, day, group]

You would need to change the group_level to 4 instead of 2 bit the view
would be human readable.

The truck here is that you query with start key ,end_key to get the the
days and re reduce those values again for that arbitrary date range in a
reduce function and you should be good