Good question. The node name is set by the vm.args file. It defaults to “-name
couchdb” which will cause CouchDB to try to discover the system hostname, but
you could set that value directly as “-name couchdb@<FQDN>” or even “-name
couchdb@<IPV4>”. The key point is to set it to something that can be routed
from other nodes if you ever plan to exercise the clustering capability.

Does that make sense? Cheers,

Adam