On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Pedro Teixeira <i...@pgte.me> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> From the docs it looks like this endpoint simply returns creations,
> deletions and updates of databases.
> What I’m looking for are changes in *records* inside and across all
> databases...

I believe this does actually return more info, but perhaps the most
limiting feature here is that the user needs to have admin privileges.
 (You could probably handle this with an nginx proxy, but it may be
difficult to filter out what a user should and should not see.)

We need such functionality in our system and get around this by aggregating
changes into a single database by using one of the update daemons (
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/config/externals.html#config-update-notification).
Users then listen to the changes feed of the aggregate database.  An
example of the daemon is here:

https://github.com/nEDM-TUM/CouchDB-Docker/blob/master/couchdb_updater.py

where we've wrapped it in a docker for easy deployment.  *How* you save the
updates in the aggregate database depends on your needs, but we only save
the last change, and only the changes of certain types of documents.  We
make good use of the compaction daemon as this db grows very fast for us.
 :-)

Cheers,
Mike