Cool!!

So modifying my list a little bit following your last comment...

*The internal replication way*
Set maintenance mode in the new shard's owner
Modify the shards map to ensure the new shard is considered
Let the internal replication process catch up
Remove maintenace flag

And if you want to actually reclaim back disk space on the previous
location...
Modify the shards map to remove the shard from the old location
Manually remove the file.
Restart couch so that references held to that file are cleared.

*The rsync way*
Rsync the shard, make sure the file has 770 permissions and belongs to
couchdb user and group (couchdb:couchdb usually)
Follow the internal replication way procedure

How does it look? Does it worth for me to publish it somewhere with a few
commands/screenshots for the community? Would you add/modify/delete
anything?

Thanks a lot for your input!

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 2:21 PM Robert Samuel Newson <b...@rsn.io> wrote:

> eacces means the file ownership or permissions were wrong, which indicates
> the wrong settings on your rsync command. that error will persist until you
> chown / chmod correctly.
>
> > On 27 Jul 2017, at 12:08, Carlos Alonso <carlos.alo...@cabify.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > eacces
>
> --
[image: Cabify - Your private Driver] <http://www.cabify.com/>

*Carlos Alonso*
Data Engineer
Madrid, Spain

carlos.alo...@cabify.com

Prueba gratis con este código
#CARLOSA6319 <https://cabify.com/i/carlosa6319>
[image: Facebook] <http://cbify.com/fb_ES>[image: Twitter]
<http://cbify.com/tw_ES>[image: Instagram] <http://cbify.com/in_ES>[image:
Linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrcalonso>

--
Este mensaje y cualquier archivo adjunto va dirigido exclusivamente a su
destinatario, pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto

This message and any attached file are intended exclusively for the
addressee, and it may be confidential. You are not allowed to copy or
disclose it without Cabify's prior written authorization. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify us by
e-mail.