This is very strange. I have a very simple query:

{ selector: { "type": { "$eq": "client" } } }

This returns no results, but there are documents with a type value of client,
and the index exists.

I try other values in the query and they all work.

I try this query instead:

{ selector: { "type": { "$regex": "client" } } }

This gives me the results I expect. Why?

Here's another strange thing. I have another version of my database on another
server. I run the original query there and it works. Both servers are running
version 2.0 of CouchDB. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

- Matt