Hi Dominic.

You're not building the URL properly. The url should look like

curl -X PUT -u admin:admin
http://localhost:5984/_node/<node_name>/_config/query_server_config/reduce_limit
-d '"false"'

Check the docs here:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/stable/api/server/configuration.html

On the other hand, as some bits of the cluster operating may be a bit
difficult just using curl we've developed and open sourced a tool that we
use internally to operate the cluster and makes it easier for us to work
with the CouchDB's JSON API.

Check it out here: https://github.com/cabify/couchdb-admin

Hope it helps

--
[image: Cabify - Your private Driver] <http://www.cabify.com/>

*Carlos Alonso*
Data Engineer
Madrid, Spain

carlos.alo...@cabify.com

Prueba gratis con este código
#CARLOSA6319 <https://cabify.com/i/carlosa6319>
[image: Facebook] <http://cbify.com/fb_ES>[image: Twitter]
<http://cbify.com/tw_ES>[image: Instagram] <http://cbify.com/in_ES>[image:
Linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrcalonso>

--
Este mensaje y cualquier archivo adjunto va dirigido exclusivamente a su
destinatario, pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto

This message and any attached file are intended exclusively for the
addressee, and it may be confidential. You are not allowed to copy or
disclose it without Cabify's prior written authorization. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify us by
e-mail.