On 03/09/17 06:44, Joan Touzet wrote:

The official answer is that CouchDB only supports UTF-8 collation order.

Thanks. I also tried "raw" collation order but that didn't help. I was hoping there was a CouchDB way to alter the collation.

The unofficial answer is that one or more of the workarounds posted,
wherein you emit something different that collates correctly, should
get you what you need. For instance, you could assign numbers to each
letter in the order you want and emit that as the first key in a
compound key.

OK, presumably I'd need to do this in each map function? Do I need to copy and paste the code to each function or is there any way to use subroutines across map function?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Cliff.

--
Cliff Stanford
London:    +44 20 0222 1666               Swansea: +44 1792 469666