i'm trying to set up replication of my databases, but i'm stuck in 3 ways :

1) i can't seem to be able to set up automated backup of all databases on a
couchdb server to another server.

2) when i try to replicate a single database from couchdb servers which
have no problem accessing databases via javascript or PHP, from the /_utils
interface, the interface throws an error at me : "Failed to create the
_replicator database."

3) i don't know, and the docs don't exactly spell this out either,
whether or not a continuous replication job will survive a reboot of either
or both of the machines involved in the replication.

if someone more experienced could shed some light on this, i'd be very
grateful.