We have a similar setup with nginx but not a cluster.

When you load Fauxton in Chrome, show the  developer tools and look at
which network requests fail, if any.

We found we had to add `_session` and others (from memory) to the reverse
proxy settings, but your issue may be different.

If that doesn't work, maybe post specific errors here?

HTH
Andrew