I have a cluster which is electing a single leader to perform operations on
a node until the node is deemed to be unhealthy. At this time, the leader
revokes itself and another leader is elected to perform the operations.

There are times, however, when I need the ability to force a specific
leader. How would I implement something like this? I really don't want to
have to cascade through all the other nodes and tell them to revoke their
leadership because they will each try to run some initialization upon
becoming the leader and that would waste resources.

Any ideas?

Thanks!