I think it would be much better to leverage something like
CONVERT_FROM(col, 'MyKeyValueFormat') where the entire key/value cell is
parsed into Drill's internal structure just like we do with JSON. That
exposes all those key/value pairs such that you can leverage them in other
SQL operators.

--
Tomer Shiran
CEO and Co-Founder, Dremio