Hi,

I'm changing our logging to use the Avro format and there I'm relying on
Maps and Records (f.ex. union ["null","RecordType"]) in addition to
primitive types.

I'm getting this error in Drill when I try to query the test file:

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: UnsupportedOperationException: Avro union type must be
of the format : ["null", "some-type"]

This error message provides no clues to which field are involved here but
I'm hoping that this does not mean that sub structures, available in both
JSON and Parquet, are not available in Avro as Records.

Can someone please shed some light on this.

Regards,
 -Stefan