All files are owned by mapr:mapr?

I have a setup where mapr is the user running the drillbit, but then I have
a directory that is owned by a another user. mapradm:mapradm on all files.
(Permissions on directories and files appears to be rwxr-x-r-x) When I run
the REFRESH TABLE metatdata the .drill.parquet_metadata file gets created
as mapr:mapr with rwxr-xr-x.

So
Drillbit User:mapr
Directory (and subdirectories/files) owner: mapradm:mapradm
Directory permissions (all files and folder under main directory) rwxr-x-r-x

I authenticated to drill via sqlline as user mapradm (this user should be
able to read and write just fine to all directories).

Now, one thing I did notice is my mapr user was not in the mapradm group,
therefore, didn't have write permissions anywhere... when I fixed that on
all nodes, and then I manually deleted the metadatafiles, things seem to be
working. I wonder if that was my issue?

Basically, the user running the drillbits need to be able to write files
(the .drill.parquet_metadata)  or something bad will happen :) I will do
more testing. This may be a good candidate for some documentation work to
understand what permissions are required to be able to query these.