The doc link Andries mentioned is an obsolete cached version that should
have been (and will be) removed. Please see the recently clarified (thanks
Andries!) MapR docs for Web Console security info:

http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Starting+the+Web+Console
http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Configuring+Web+Console+and+REST+API+Security

Kristine Hahn
Sr. Technical Writer