Hello
If you cannot create the plugin that means that the connexion is not working.
The jdbc / mssql link is working for me :- I create a SQL user named drill2
within the Database- I check the jdbc connection with SQuirrel - here is my
plugin parameters :
{  "type": "jdbc",  "driver": "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver",
"url": "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=TEST",  "username":
"drill2",  "password": "*****",  "enabled": false}

regsBoris