We are using the REST API from nodejs and need to issue some create table
statements that are a different format from the default for the system
(currently Parquet).  We cant issue an alter system command to change the
store.format globally.

I tried to issue multiple requests with a alter session set
`store.format`='json';
and i tried to have multiple statements in the the same request separated by
semi colon.   Neither of those worked.

As a last resort i looked at the code in QueryWrapper.java and it looks like
its just 1 query per request and no session persistence or anything like that
going on between requests to the REST api.  I tried to follow the code down
through the DrillUserPrincipal and DrillClient and UserClient but ran out of
patience.   It doesnt look like there is any notion of ‘session’ in the sense
of ‘alter session’ statments.

Does anybody have a workaround for this?
If not, does anybody have a suggestion on what change I could make for
supporting this in a way that would be acceptable to the project?

Thanks in advance.