Drill Members,

I have an intriguing problem where I have hundreds of thousands or even
millions of records stored in jsonb format in uneven JSon objects in a
PostgreSQL database. I would like to be able to implicitly grab column names
and data types using your tool since neither PostreSQL or Pentaho have this
function. My current tool for this task is Scala but I am not dedicated to
writing and keeping up with the JSon format specs; etc. in real time.

Is it possible by conversion or otherwise to read the jsonb or a text string
from PostgreSQL as if it were being queried from a "json" type storage instead
of a "jdbc" type storage? If so, could I pull in different columns from
PostgreSQL without some sort of key (with the original query)? Is there the
ability to do some thing like SELECT pkey,
split_to_columns(convert_to(field,'JSON')) FROM postgres.mytable?

For context, I have posted an example record below:

pkey       ,  data
1423234, "{"loadCaseResult": {"case": {"type": "Adoption (Family)", "judge":
null, "style": "Confidential", "caseId": "12", "events": {"event": [{"date":
"08/06/2014", "type": "Request: Action", "comment": "900125-Request for Action
              \n Filed/Issued By"}}}

Thank you for your time,

Andrew Evans
Java/Scala/Python Programmer at Hygenics Data,LLC