Hi,

I am evaluating Drills as the query service for our analytics applications to
access various data sources and it seems to fill the needs very well. However I
have one concern/question that I could not find the answer from Drill’s website
or on google.

My question/concern is that from what I’ve read, the storage plugin
configuration requires static user id and password set in the configuration
which storage plugin will use to connect to the backend data source/database. I
need Drill client to pass the user id and password at query submission to
storage plugin (e.g. RDMBS) and have storage plugin use that to connect to the
back end data source/database.  Obviously each client has his/her own set of
user id and password for each data source/database.  Is there anyway that I can
achieve this?

Thanks.

Yaxiong Lin
Mayo Clinic