Dave,

This is a little bit old/outdated but may be better than others you found:
https://github.com/commercehub-oss/watershed/blob/master/watershed/resources/s3/emr/exec/setup_drill

We haven’t gotten around to updating the overall Watershed project for EMR 4,
which is managed differently, nor more recent versions of Drill. Mostly because
it still meets our needs. But that has discouraged us from announcing the
project, so I’d really like to get it done one of these days.

Paul Mogren