Hello Sanjiv,

It is a simple select with no filters or conditions and a few casts going
against a database table. Can’t see how it could be possible to improve the
query. Drill will ask for the whole table.Are you accessing the data directly
in Drill through the cmd-line or using the web-ui  or if you are using a JDBC
driver towards Drill and query from another tool?

Without knowing more about what you try to do, one thing you could do is to
create a CTAS rather than returning the result in Drill. This is potentially
much faster since you skip the visualization of the data, but I guess you want
to do something with the data once over?

Regards,
Magnus