I have not seen issues reading Hive ORC data with Drill.

What is the DDL for the table in Hive?

--Andries

________________________________
From: Anup Tiwari <anup.tiw...@games24x7.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:49:20 AM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Cc: d...@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Storage Plugin for accessing Hive ORC Table from Drill

We have created a ORC format table in hive and we were trying to read it in
drill through hive plugin, but it is giving us error. But with same hive
plugin, we are able to read parquet table created in hive.

So after searching a bit, i found a drill documentation link
<https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-contribution-ideas/> which says
that we have to create custom storage plugin to read ORC format tables. So
can you tell me how to create custom storage plugin in this case?

Regards,
*Anup Tiwari*