The size of parquet files will matter in terms of meta data access
time, which is just 212 ms according to your log file. My
understanding is it does not matter too much to the overall planning
times. That's why it probably makes sense to try over such a small toy
example.

Normally the planning time for such simple query should be much
shorter than 12 minutes.  It indicates it could be caused by a code
bug, or something else that we are currently unaware of.