From: PROJJWAL SAHA <proj.s...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:31:27 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Distribution of workload across nodes in a cluster

Hello,

I am doing select * query on a csv file of 1 GB with a 5 node drill
cluster. The csv file is stored in another storage cluster within the
enterprise.

In the query profile, I see one major fragment and within the major
fragment, I see only 1 minor fragment. The hostname for the minor fragment
corresponds to one of the nodes of the cluster.

I think therefore, that all the resources of the cluster are not utilized.
Is there any configuration parameters that can be tweaked to achieve more
effective workload distribution across cluster machines ?

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Projjwal