This IOBE is clearly indicates a code bug. From the error message, it seems
to be similar to DRILL-1743, which was marked as fixed. Could you please
open a JIRA, and post the query / sample data you used (if it does not
contain sensitive info)? Having a reproduce for this would make it easier
for people to take a look. Thanks.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-1743