Also a couple of other things to consider (may not directly fix your current
issue, but good practices).

1) In the S3 bucket how many parquet files are present that you are trying to
query with Drill? (Other have asked for the Drill plans as well, as it will
also be good to see how many minor fragments the Drill cluster is using to read
the S3 data).
2) The View with Select * from xxxxx is typically a bad idea when dealing with
BI tools. Drill is based on Schema discovery and by doing this you are forcing
Drill to discover the Schema every time a tool requests metadata, and you also
make query planning much harder and more expensive.
3) For parquet data you may consider updating the metadata cache, help to
improve query planning speed, metadata operations, etc. Also a good check to
see if the data is healthy.

You may consider looking at some pointers here .
https://community.mapr.com/community/exchange/blog/2017/01/25/drill-best-practices-for-bi-and-analytical-tools

--Andries