What version of Drill are you using?

I would recommend using ODBC v1.3.16

Did you define data types in your view? Tableau with the ODBC driver may use
the execution of a LIMIT 0 query when trying to collect metadata, with a poorly
defined view it can potentially cause issues pending the underlying data.

Andries Engelbrecht
Senior Solution Architect
Alliances and Channels Engineering
MapR