Is DoY user ( used to start DoY client) part of shadow group incase you are
using PAM with /etc/passwd for authentication? If not, can you try adding and
see if it helps?

>From doc:
If you use PAM with /etc/passwd for authentication, verify that the users with
permission to start the Drill process are part of the shadow user group on all
nodes in the cluster. This enables Drill to read the /etc/shadow file for
authentication.

Thanks,
Arjun

________________________________
From: Michael Dennis Uanang <muan...@exist.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:37:29 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: DoY - PAM Auth only reading YARN account.

Hi

I have successfully setup Drill-on-YARN along side with my hadoop cluster. Now,
I enabled HTTP drill security by using PAM authentication method.
My problem is, every time i tried to login using SSH accounts, it's always
giving me `invalid user name or password` while using the correct credentials.

Also filed ticket for this... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6983

---
Best regards,

MD