Hi Kunal and Praveen,

ALTER SYSTEM sets an option value persistently in Zookeeper, which makes the
value permanent within that one cluster.

Sounds like you want to persist values in an embedded Drillbit. In this case,
there is no Zookeeper. System options get written to the file system, but I
don't know if they are persistent. Any embedded Drill users know how this works?

One solution is to start Drill as a server, even if it runs on only one node. I
don't know, however, if the Drill server mode is supported on Windows. Any
Windows users know this?

Finally, Kunal is correct. Since about a 18 months ago, the value for
system/session options are defined in Drill's config system. See [1].

Although Drill does not encourage this usage, you can customize these values in
your drill-override.conf as Kunal suggests. You can try this as a workaround
for the fact that you are 1) using Embedded Drill, 2) on Windows.

But, Drill is really a distributed tool, so you'd really want to run Drill on
Linux as a server, then allow the options to persist in Zookeeper.

Thanks,
- Paul

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/main/resources/drill-module.conf#L454

    On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 11:31:59 AM PDT, Kunal Khatua