From: Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:31 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: java version for Drill JDBC driver

Hi Rafael,

Drill's Git-based tests run against all Java versions from 8 to 14. Our biggest
challenge is Guava: Drill has many dependencies and some use different (and
incompatible) Guava versions. There is a "patcher" to edit the code at runtime
to fix the issue.

Presto is nice in that it will load your connector using a dedicated class
loader so that Drill's many dependencies should not conflict with Preso's
dependencies. (We are slowly working on something similar for Drill.)

Your specific error is mysterious. That "getClockProviderClassName()" looks
like Java's SPI system is trying to find a "clock provider" and failing. I've
not seen anything like that in Drill.

I wonder if Drill's overly large set of JDBC dependencies is somehow
conflicting with those in Presto?

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 8:55:37 AM PDT, Bob Rudis <b...@rud.is> wrote:

 I use the JDBC driver via an RJDBC wrapper I wrote and the rJava it runs in is
built with JDK 11, so it definitely is working in 11 for me.