From: Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:55 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Initial Oracle Setup

I looked this up… SQL Data Type 101 is a binary double.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.oracle.com_database_121_SQLRF_sql-5Felements001.htm-23SQLRF30020&d=DwIFaQ&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=92i9K_mRKLwMJIZS_WhSN_ymKbr9rZoUleISKhZY3sE&s=zj9nUe9KXfBlHIyl4ie5_edWAPRFshIVqbqiRRDh2qs&e=

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.oracle.com_database_121_SQLRF_sql-5Felements001.htm-23SQLRF30020&d=DwIFaQ&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=92i9K_mRKLwMJIZS_WhSN_ymKbr9rZoUleISKhZY3sE&s=zj9nUe9KXfBlHIyl4ie5_edWAPRFshIVqbqiRRDh2qs&e=

> On Jun 24, 2020, at 4:52 PM, Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Some more questions…
> 1.  Are there other tables you can query?  I want to see if we can at
> least get something to work ;-) (Although we can read the schema via SHOW
> TABLES) 2.  Can you try the following query:
> SELECT CAST(<some field> AS INT)
> FROM merchant….  Basically I’m wondering if we force Drill to map the field
> to a type, if we can get it to read the data.
>

>> On Jun 24, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Christopher Kane
>> <christopher.k...@cardconnect.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Charles,
>>
>> I ran a couple of different queries selecting only a single column from the
>> table and it seems multiple columns are all giving me the same unknown sql
>> type -101 error.
>> The stacktrace also appears to be the same per column, so to me it appears
>> that the issue is maybe with the format of the data itself coming from
>> Oracle, I'm not too sure at this point.
>>
>> -Chris

>>> o.a.d.e.server.rest.QueryResources - Query from Web UI Failed: {}
>>> org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION
>>> ERROR: Unknown SQL type -101
>>>

>>> [Error Id: def7533c-bb11-48da-b770-28c6730a1799 ] at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.RestQueryRunner.submitQuery(RestQu
>>> eryRunner.java:181) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.RestQueryRunner.run(RestQueryRunne
>>> r.java:70) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.QueryResources.submitQueryJSON(Que
>>> ryResources.java:96) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.QueryResources.submitQuery(QueryRe
>>> sources.java:114) at
>>> jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor16.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source) at
>>> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(D
>>> elegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>> at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.ResourceMethodInvocationH
>>> andlerFactory$1.invoke(ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.java:8
>>> 1) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMetho
>>> dDispatcher$1.run(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:144)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMetho
>>> dDispatcher.invoke(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:161)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.JavaResourceMethodDispatc
>>> herProvider$TypeOutInvoker.doDispatch(JavaResourceMethodDispatcherPr
>>> ovider.java:205) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMetho
>>> dDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:99)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.invoke(Resou
>>> rceMethodInvoker.java:389) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(Resour
>>> ceMethodInvoker.java:347) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(Resour
>>> ceMethodInvoker.java:102) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(ServerRuntime.java:3
>>> 26) at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271)
>>> at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267)
>>> at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
>>> at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
>>> at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(Reques
>>> tScope.java:317) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java
>>> :305) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHan
>>> dler.java:1154) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.j
>>> ava:473) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:
>>> 427) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContain
>>> er.java:388) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContain
>>> er.java:341) at
>>> org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContain
>>> er.java:228) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:84
>>> 8) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Servle
>>> tHandler.java:1780) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.header.ResponseHeadersSettingFilte
>>> r.doFilter(ResponseHeadersSettingFilter.java:71)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Servle
>>> tHandler.java:1767) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.CsrfTokenValidateFilter.doFilter(C
>>> srfTokenValidateFilter.java:55) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Servle
>>> tHandler.java:1767) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.server.rest.CsrfTokenInjectFilter.doFilter(Csr
>>> fTokenInjectFilter.java:54) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Servle
>>> tHandler.java:1767) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.jav
>>> a:583) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHand
>>> ler.java:224) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHand
>>> ler.java:1180) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java
>>> :513) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandl
>>> er.java:185) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandl
>>> er.java:1112) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.
>>> java:141) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrappe
>>> r.java:134) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:539)
>>> at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:333)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.ja
>>> va:251) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(Abstr
>>> actConnection.java:283) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:108)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoi
>>> nt.java:93) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.execute
>>> ProduceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:303)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produce
>>> Consume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:148)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(Exe
>>> cuteProduceConsume.java:136) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPo
>>> ol.java:671) at
>>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPoo
>>> l.java:589) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown SQL type -101
>>> at org.apache.calcite.avatica.SqlType.valueOf(SqlType.java:383)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.calcite.adapter.jdbc.JdbcSchema.getRelDataType(JdbcSchema
>>> .java:385) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.adapter.jdbc.JdbcSchema.getRelDataType(JdbcSchema
>>> .java:362) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.adapter.jdbc.JdbcTable.getRowType(JdbcTable.java:
>>> 117) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.EmptyScope.resolve_(EmptyScope.java:
>>> 159) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.EmptyScope.resolveTable(EmptyScope.j
>>> ava:99) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.DelegatingScope.resolveTable(Delegat
>>> ingScope.java:203) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.IdentifierNamespace.resolveImpl(Iden
>>> tifierNamespace.java:105) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.IdentifierNamespace.validateImpl(Ide
>>> ntifierNamespace.java:177) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.AbstractNamespace.validate(AbstractN
>>> amespace.java:84) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateNamespace(S
>>> qlValidatorImpl.java:1009) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateQuery(SqlVa
>>> lidatorImpl.java:969) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateFrom(SqlVal
>>> idatorImpl.java:3129) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.conversion.DrillValidator.validate
>>> From(DrillValidator.java:63) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateFrom(SqlVal
>>> idatorImpl.java:3111) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.conversion.DrillValidator.validate
>>> From(DrillValidator.java:63) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateSelect(SqlV
>>> alidatorImpl.java:3383) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SelectNamespace.validateImpl(SelectN
>>> amespace.java:60) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.AbstractNamespace.validate(AbstractN
>>> amespace.java:84) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateNamespace(S
>>> qlValidatorImpl.java:1009) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateQuery(SqlVa
>>> lidatorImpl.java:969) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.SqlSelect.validate(SqlSelect.java:216)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validateScopedExpre
>>> ssion(SqlValidatorImpl.java:944) at
>>> org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorImpl.validate(SqlValidat
>>> orImpl.java:651) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.conversion.SqlConverter.validate(S
>>> qlConverter.java:189) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.DefaultSqlHandler.validat
>>> eNode(DefaultSqlHandler.java:641) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.DefaultSqlHandler.validat
>>> eAndConvert(DefaultSqlHandler.java:195)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.DefaultSqlHandler.getPlan
>>> (DefaultSqlHandler.java:169) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.getQueryPlan(DrillS
>>> qlWorker.java:283) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.getPhysicalPlan(Dri
>>> llSqlWorker.java:163) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.convertPlan(DrillSq
>>> lWorker.java:128) at
>>> org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.getPlan(DrillSqlWor
>>> ker.java:93) at