Hi Ravi,
Thanks for your interest in Drill. A new release is in the works which will
contain the XML capability, however, It will probably be closer to the end of
May before that is released.  The Apache Foundation has a rigorous release
process for all Apache products, so we have to make sure that we adhere to
that.

With that said, you have a few options.
1.  Use Drill 1.18 for your POC and import the JARs for the XML component.  I
would think this would work although I haven't tested that.  If you email me
(cgi...@apache.org <mailto:cgi...@apache.org>) I'd be happy to assist.
2.  Build Drill 1.19.0-SNAPSHOT from source and use that for your POC.

I'll email you privately about another option as well.
Best,
-- C