Hello,

Problem Statement:
I have a requirement where I need to compare data from oracle and snowflake
tables. I am using Apache Drill 1.17.0 for this.
My tables have DATE column and the value from snowflake table is showing
previous day's date. For example, if my actual value is '2021-05-20', Apache
Drill returns '2021-05-19' from snowflake.

Fixes tried:

*       CONVERT_TO(date_column,'UTF8') - Gives previous date

*       CAST(date_column AS VARCHAR(10)) - Gives previous date

*       TO_CHAR(date_column) - Gives previous date

*       Converting to different timezone or UTC format doesn't work in Apache
Drill. Workaround given in Apache Drill documentation for this timezone
limitation did not make difference. Reference -
http://drill.apache.org/docs/data-type-conversion/#time-zone-limitation

*       Altered timezone of snowflake and then inserted data into table, still
Apache Drill gives previous date

*       CAST(date_column AS TIMESTAMP) - Gives correct date when queried
separately on snowflake table, but gives previous date when I join this table
to my corresponding oracle table for validation

Please help me out with solution for this issue and revert if any more details
required. Thanks in advance!

[cid:image001.png@01D752DA.9CD175C0]

Regards,
Aishwarya

'The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The
viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com'