Hi Stefan,
My apologies.. Ok.. so the issue is that the storage-plugins-override.conf is
being ignored.  I've never actually used this feature, so I wasn't familiar
with it, but are you folllowing the instructions here [1] with respect to
configuration and restarting Drill?  My suggestion would be to remove all the
plugins in the UI and only specify them in the .conf file.   Drill has an order
of precedence and I suspect what is happening is that the UI versions have a
higher priority than the .conf versions.   Does that make sense?

-- C

[1]:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-storage-plugins/#configuring-storage-plugins-with-the-storage-plugins-overrideconf-file