If it is the case then it is probably better to let Drill's hash join spill data to disk itself than it is to oversubscribe physical memory and force the OS to swap (e.g. by setting too big a number in a variable like DRILLBIT_MAX_PROC_MEM).

Regards
James

On 2023/10/13 10:31, muhl...@ntokoto.co.za wrote:
Hi,
Let me regenerate the error again I will share the log file once done.
I have 3 log file:
Which one of those I must share:
sqlline.log
sqlline.log.1
sqlline_queries.log

Files are a bit big, Which email can I use to share the bigger files?
Regards,
Muhluri

-----Original Message-----
From: James Turton <dz...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 13 October 2023 10:16
To: user@drill.apache.org; muhl...@ntokoto.co.za
Subject: Re: ChannelClosedException

Going further, it looks like your entire Drillbit is crashing so this is
something severe, perhaps an out-of-memory situation. The sqlline.log file
should provide some clues.

On 2023/10/13 09:53, James Turton wrote:
The errors that reach the surface in the embedded Drill CLI do not
include all of the errors logged by Drill server processes. Please
look for the file sqlline.log which by default will be in the log/
subdirectory of your Drill installation...