We want to release a rule repository API with the Drools 3.0 version.

This is something that could be contributed towards that if you are happy to
!

The idea is to have a foundation API, which provides all repository
functionality, including versioning, searching, checkin/out etc, which can
be used to deploy rules into running systems. A web based user interface is
one front end to this API, as will be any plug ins - or custom applications
for people with special needs for their environment. It sounds like you are
a lot of the way there.

I was initially trying the Java Content Repository API, but decided it will
be easier to use hibernate directly - out of the box we can include HSQLDB
(so people can get up and running without a seperate database server) but of
course MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server, DB etc can be supported thanks to
hibernate.

Please do share it !

Michael
JBoss Inc.