What would be the difference between modifying the  state of the object and
using drools.modifyObject?  I know they're  two different steps, but if you
change the state of the object,  wouldn't you always want to call modifyObject
right after that?   Or are there times you would do one without the other?  I'd
be  interested to know if this is the case.

Michael Neale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Not off the top of my head (I may be
missing something obvious).

Do you mean modified as in the state of the object is modified, or modified
in terms of drools.modifyObject?

PropertyChangeListeners are always are always an option to capture state
changes.