Yes Eclipse JDT is in the distro (it in theory can also work with janino).

Mostly we have been able to track down app server issues, but obviously its
not possible to catch them all, as there are too many to try.
There is nothing particularly magical about classloading. To the app servers
point of view, rules are just new classes. The issues are generally around
conflicting classes in different classloaders, or replaceing classes etc.