Yah, really, this is just how XML works. Nothing we can do to change it for readability.

        -Bob

On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Smith, Philip wrote:

I generally wrap everything in ![CDATA[ ]].

        <java:condition><![CDATA[ pool.getTargetCount() <=
pool.getFitCount() ]]></java:condition>

Philip Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(650) 628-7941 (x87941)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:51 AM
To: user@drools.codehaus.org
Subject: [drools-user] Escape Character for <

Guys:

Just a general question about the denotation for less than operator.

The schema is such the one can not use the '<' char for reflecting the
operation.
One must use the escape character &lt; so the rule is correctly formed
document.

Are there in plans to change this for better readability?

Russ

<rule name="Stock Price Low Enough">
      <!-- parameters to pass to business rule -->
     <parameter identifier="stockOffer">
        <class>StockOffer</class>
     </parameter>
     <!--  Conditions or 'left hand side' (LHS) that must be met
           for business rule to fire-->
     <java:condition>stockOffer.getRecommendPurchase() == null
</java:condition>
     <java:condition>stockOffer.getStockPrice() &lt; 100
</java:condition>
     <java:consequence>
              stockOffer.setRecommendPurchase(StockOffer.YES);
              printStock(stockOffer);
     </java:consequence>
  </rule>