Adding the following command line option:

-Ddrools.schema.hidewarnings=true

made the JAXP warning disappear. The question remains still whether the warning indicates something really harmful.

Regards,

Patrick VKB

Patrick Vankeirsbilck wrote:

Dear Edson,

removing the xerxesImpl.jar from the classpath made the four examples shipped with Drools v2.5 run. Thanks for the hint. I observe now just the following warning immediately after startup of each of the examples:

Your SAX parser is not JAXP 1.2 compliant - turning off validation.

The remaining of the examples seems to run correctly. Is this warning important?

Regards,

Patrick VKB

Edson Tirelli wrote:

  Patrick and Simeon,

This same problem arose yesterday and it was an XML parser issue. When working with JDK 1.4, you need updated XML parser libs added to your classpath. This might me xerces for example, with xml-apis.jar also.
  Here a similar post (but not related to drools).

http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=31&t=005477

  Hope it helps.

  []s
  Edson

Leyzerzon, Simeon wrote:

Patrick,

What is your deployment environment? We have a similar issue while deploying on WebLogic 8.1sp2

Regards,
Simeon