From: Michael Neale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:04 PM
To: user@drools.codehaus.org
Subject: Re: [drools-user] NPE on retract()

no we *really* need to be able to reproduce it with a test. otherwise its
hours of guess work, versus minutes of finding out what the problem is. We
would then add it to the integration suite to make sure it doesnt' regress
again.

On 4/27/06, Mitch Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Unfortunately I continue to get the NPE.  I would be happy to post the
> problem to a JIRA, but before I do I have a few questions, the answer to
> which might help me in my ability to characterize the problem.
>
> First off, it would be great to be able to copy from the Audit view. :)
> Also, the Audit view doesn't seem to wrap.  It chops off the right edge of
> long lines even after I scroll fully to the right.
>
> Now, I assume that the number(s) in parenthesis at the end of each
> activation message in the Audit view is the equivalent of a fact-id?  If
> so,
> would it be bad to have a (-1) show up?  It does show up, but often enough
> that I'm not sure it's a problem.
>
> I've attached the event.log file in case that might help.
>
> Also, what exactly should I attach to the JIRA?  Should I ZIP up the
> entire
> (though rather small) Eclipse project?
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> -Mitch

com.packetmotion.trinity.gsm.report.RuleEngineTest.testContextBuilderFe2Dail
> > y(RuleEngineTest.java:358)
> >
> >             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
> >
> >             at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java
> > :39
> > )
> >
> >             at
> > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> > (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> > .java:25)
> >
> >             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java
> > :124)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> >
> >             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> >
> >             at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
> > (RemoteTestRu
> > nner.java:481)
> >
> >             at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run
> > (RemoteTestRunner.
> > java:347)
> >
> >             at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main
> > (RemoteTestRunner
> > .java:197)

> >             at
> > org.drools.reteoo.beta.DefaultRightMemory.remove(DefaultRightMemory.java
> > :64)
> >
> >             at org.drools.reteoo.BetaMemory.remove(BetaMemory.java:150)
> >
> >             at org.drools.reteoo.NotNode.retractObject(NotNode.java:178)
> >
> >             at
> > org.drools.reteoo.ObjectSource.propagateRetractObject(ObjectSource.java
> > :128)
> >
> >             at
> > org.drools.reteoo.ObjectTypeNode.retractObject(ObjectTypeNode.java:152)
> >
> >             at org.drools.reteoo.Rete.retractObject(Rete.java:153)
> >
> >             at
> > org.drools.reteoo.RuleBaseImpl.retractObject(RuleBaseImpl.java:272)
> >
> >             at
> > org.drools.reteoo.WorkingMemoryImpl.retractObject(WorkingMemoryImpl.java
> > :601
> > )
> >
> >             at
> > org.drools.base.DefaultKnowledgeHelper.retractObject
> > (DefaultKnowledgeHelper.
> > java:87)
> >
> >             at

com.packetmotion.trinity.sqlgen.ContextBuilder.Rule_Add_report_periods_to_th

e_FEQueryList_0.consequence(Rule_Add_report_periods_to_the_FEQueryList_0.jav
> > a:23)
> >
> >             at

com.packetmotion.trinity.sqlgen.ContextBuilder.Rule_Add_report_periods_to_th

e_FEQueryList_0ConsequenceInvoker.evaluate(Rule_Add_report_periods_to_the_FE