thank you Mark.

But how can I then negate the 3rd condition?
This would mean drools cannot handle a logical forall with field
constraints by negating applying De Morgan.

How can I say, there must not be any InclusionDependency object with r1
== $r and a1 != $a?

like "! exists ( InclusionDependency ( r1 == $r, a1 != $a ) )"

thanks,
Andy

ps: sorry for the second post

Mark Proctor wrote:
> You can use bound variables in an 'exists', you can't put an 'exists'
> inside of  a 'not'. 'exists' and 'not' can only take Fact patterns as
> their children.
> Andreas Langegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the docs say: the not yet implemented "Existential quantifiers [...] is
> supported with 'not' and 'exists' conditional elements."
>
> Hence, I tried to formulate a rule like that:
>
> when
>     $r : Relation()
>     $a : Attribute( relation == $r )
>     not ( exists ( InclusionDependency ( r1 == $r, a1 != $a ) ) )
> then ...
>
> this is equiv to "forall ( InclusionDependency ( r1 == $r, a1 == $a ) )"
>
> However, Drools doesn't allow to use BOUND VAR CONSTRAINTS together with
> EXISTS, right? Can anybody help me out?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Andy

- --

- --
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69