Hi,

I am new to Drools, I just read documentations and went through some examples.
I am wondering about the following example (I spiced it up with a story so it should not be boring :-) ):

Suppose I am a football manager and trying to use Drools to automate some processes.
I have 11 classes (these are going to be facts):
Player1, Player2, Player3, ..., Player11
One for each player of my team, each of class has one field:
String name
In run-time I will assert into working memory only one instance of each class as I would like to evaluate some rules over my current team.
Now I would like to create simple rule - I express it in pseudo-language:

when
  ((Player1.name == "Roy") or ( Player1.name == "Bob"))
and
  ((Player2.name == "Tom") or ( Player2.name == "Eric"))
and
and
  ((Player11.name == "Paulo") or (Player11.name == "Ryan"))
then
  do something

Could anyone show me how to express this rule using Drools without going into huge number of rules? As I understand from documentation each 'or' is creating two sub-rules. Isn't that limitation that makes Drools useless for football managers?

regards
John