Oana,

Your rules seems to be correct. I also copy and pasted your sample here and it is working. Can you send us the stack trace for the exception or maybe a self contained test case in a way we can investigate it better?

  []s
  Edson

nicolae oana wrote:

Hi all!

Please help me with this problem: I have a class Employed ( name, workedHours, extraHours), and two facts asserted into working memory:

Employed("Susan",10,5);
Employed("Fred",16,8);

I also have two rules. First one is ok, it fires and print the correct results, but the second one give this error:"emp can not be resolved "

rule "Extra Hours-Predicate Expression"

    when
           Employed(employedID=="Fred", extra:extraHours)
           Employed(ext:extraHours ->(extra.intValue()==ext.intValue()+3))
    then
System.out.println("Predicate Constraint -- extra:"+extra+" ext:"+ext);
end

rule "allEmployedFacts"

    when
        Employed(emp:employedID)
    then
        System.out.println("Name:"+emp);
end

Please tell me what can be the problem  and where I did something wrong!

Regards, Oana

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>

--
 ---
 Edson Tirelli

 IT executives: Red Hat still #1 for value
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/