Hi,

    The solution is really weird. It wasn't a classloading problem. There
seems to be a conflict if I include in the package the eclipse JDT compiler.
I was able to solve it by excluding two files the core.jar and the
commons-jci-eclipse.jar. By removing these files, will this have an effect
in my app? Anyway, I was able to do a workaround. Thanks.

Regards,

Elmo

========================
Hi Edson,
    I am using Janino compiler. I have already seen the problem but I'm
still looking for a way to solve it in netbeans. It seems that there's a
portion in the JavaCompilerFactory where it loads the janino compiler using
the Class.forName method (its the org.apache.commons.jci.compilers package).
Had it been classloader.loadClass method, I would have probably solved it
directly by just passing the appropriate classloader.

    Since netbeans have a fairly complicated classloading mechanism, it cant
find the janino compiler this way. I have to save the janino compiler and
its related classes into the classpath of netbeans. Since I'll be
downloading the application from a server, I still don't know how to
download these files and save it in the correct classpath  automatically.
Well at least there's some hope. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Elmo

Edson Tirelli-3 wrote:

   Elmo,

   It seems to me that you are missing a dependency, probably the JDT
compiler. Drools use either JDT or JANINO to compile the rules. As JDT
is included in Eclipse, you probably is missing it in your netbeans
module. You may use JANINO instead if you prefer.

   []s
   Edson

elmo wrote:

Hi,

   I have tried to run drools inside netbeans module and found some
errors
.

an excerpt:
       java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
       at
org.apache.commons.jci.compilers.JavaCompilerFactory.createCompiler(JavaCompilerFactory.java:67)
       at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.getCompiler(Unknown Source)
       at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.<init>(Unknown Source)

     Netbeans  I think has dedicated classloaders per module, just my
suspect. Do I have a workaround this? Thanks. Appreciate any replies.

Regards,

Elmo

--
 Edson Tirelli