Hi Jerry,

WordCount-StormTopology uses a hard coded dop of 4. If you start up
Flink in local mode (bin/start-local-streaming.sh), you need to increase
the number of task slots to at least 4 in conf/flink-conf.yaml before
starting Flink -> taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots

You should actually see the following exception in
log/flink-...-jobmanager-...log

> NoResourceAvailableException: Not enough free slots available to run the job.
> You can decrease the operator parallelism or increase the number of slots per
> TaskManager in the configuration.

WordCount-StormTopology does use StormWordCountRemoteBySubmitter
internally. So, you do use it already ;)

I am not sure what you mean by "get rid of KafkaSource"? It is still in
the code base. Which version to you use? In flink-0.10-SNAPSHOT it is
located in submodule "flink-connector-kafka" (which is submodule of
"flink-streaming-connector-parent" -- which is submodule of
"flink-streamping-parent").

-Matthias