Dear Sir:
I am a beginner of Flink and very interested in “Exactly-once” Recovery
Mechanism. I have a question about processing sequence problem of tuples. For
example, in Fig 1, process unit A runs JOIN, and the size of sliding window is
4. At the beginning, the state of sliding windows is shown in Fig 2. Before A
failed, Tuples came in the order of 1,2,3,4,and the join results are
(1,1),(2,2)(2,2)(3,3)(4,4),but after A failed and the state is reset to
Snap(x), tuples came in the order of 3,4,1,2. This time the join results are
(3,3)(3,3)(4,4)(2,2)(2,2).
[cid:image001.png@01D0EA37.0E67AA00]
Fig 1
[cid:image002.png@01D0EA37.0E67AA00]
Fig 2
I wonder how Flink’s mechanism guarantees the consistency of results or
consistency of tuples’ sequence?

Thank you very much.