Hi,

Currently, Flink does not support automatic scaling of the YARN containers.
There are certainly plans to add this feature:

Adding an API for manually starting and stopping containers is something we
can do very easily, something dynamic is a bit harder.
The feature is something I was always interested to work on, but nobody
really asked for it. But it seems that more and more people are asking for
it.
If this is a requirement for you to use Flink, I'm certainly willing to add
the feature into Flink.

Best,
Robert